Playing Wave files through Music Tel MTP8

Playing Wave files through Music Tel MTP8

Post by jason.p... » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Anybody know how to pick a specific wave device from lineGetID other
than the default, or preferred, device?

I have an application where I need to play a wave file over the phone
line through a Music Telecom MTP8 card.  Our program calls lineGetID
for the wave/out device, but the device we get is the default device,
which happens to be a sound blaster. We need to get the specific device
for that phone line. (there are 8 lines on this card)

Oh yeah, this is on windows NT 4, using Music Tel's TAPI 2.1 provider.

All of the MTP8's wave devices show up in "multimedia" on the control
panel.

I can force a wave file through the proper device by making one of the
MTP8's wave devices the preferred device, restricting wave output to
the preferred device, calling a phone, and playing a wave file. That
works fine so I know the wave/out devices are there and good.

Any help appreciated.

Jason Fox

http://www.gai-tronics.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Playing Wave files through Music Tel MTP8

Post by Robert Lari » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I am rather new to TAPI, but I'll give it a try.

You need to select the line associated to the device you are interested
first.  Then with that, the first parameter to lineGetID is a line you are
seeking the Device ID.  You can use lineGetDevCaps to iterate over all your
TAPI devices selecting the line you want.

Hope that helps

Where did you get Music Tel's TAPI 2.1 for NT?  Thanks

Robert

> Anybody know how to pick a specific wave device from lineGetID other
> than the default, or preferred, device?

> I have an application where I need to play a wave file over the phone
> line through a Music Telecom MTP8 card.  Our program calls lineGetID
> for the wave/out device, but the device we get is the default device,
> which happens to be a sound blaster. We need to get the specific device
> for that phone line. (there are 8 lines on this card)

> Oh yeah, this is on windows NT 4, using Music Tel's TAPI 2.1 provider.

> All of the MTP8's wave devices show up in "multimedia" on the control
> panel.

> I can force a wave file through the proper device by making one of the
> MTP8's wave devices the preferred device, restricting wave output to
> the preferred device, calling a phone, and playing a wave file. That
> works fine so I know the wave/out devices are there and good.

> Any help appreciated.

> Jason Fox

> http://www.gai-tronics.com

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Playing Wave files through Music Tel MTP8

Post by Keith » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi Jason

How much did you pay for the MTP8?

Regards
Keith

> Anybody know how to pick a specific wave device from lineGetID other
> than the default, or preferred, device?

> I have an application where I need to play a wave file over the phone
> line through a Music Telecom MTP8 card.  Our program calls lineGetID
> for the wave/out device, but the device we get is the default device,
> which happens to be a sound blaster. We need to get the specific device
> for that phone line. (there are 8 lines on this card)

> Oh yeah, this is on windows NT 4, using Music Tel's TAPI 2.1 provider.

> All of the MTP8's wave devices show up in "multimedia" on the control
> panel.

> I can force a wave file through the proper device by making one of the
> MTP8's wave devices the preferred device, restricting wave output to
> the preferred device, calling a phone, and playing a wave file. That
> works fine so I know the wave/out devices are there and good.

> Any help appreciated.

> Jason Fox

> http://www.gai-tronics.com

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Playing Wave files through Music Tel MTP8

Post by Jason Fo » Thu, 23 Dec 1999 04:00:00

For the beefit of anybody who might run into this, the problem in this case
was that the Ensoniq sound card installed in the PC managed to direct all
wave play activity to itself. Removing the sound card has eliminated the
problem.

> [...]

> for the wave/out device, but the device we get is the default device,
> which happens to be a sound blaster. We need to get the specific device
> for that phone line. (there are 8 lines on this card)

> Oh yeah, this is on windows NT 4, using Music Tel's TAPI 2.1 provider.

> All of the MTP8's wave devices show up in "multimedia" on the control
> panel.

> I can force a wave file through the proper device by making one of the
> MTP8's wave devices the preferred device, restricting wave output to
> the preferred device, calling a phone, and playing a wave file. That
> works fine so I know the wave/out devices are there and good.

> Any help appreciated.

> Jason Fox

> http://www.gai-tronics.com

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Playing Wave files through Music Tel MTP8

Post by Paul Winder » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Anybody know how to pick a specific wave device from lineGetID other
>than the default, or preferred, device?

Hi Jason,

The arguments to LONG lineGetID(
  HLINE hLine,
  DWORD dwAddressID,
  HCALL hCall,
  DWORD dwSelect,
  LPVARSTRING lpDeviceID,
  LPCSTR lpszDeviceClass
);

include a handle to the line and the address ID on the line. All of the
Music Telecom lines support wave and simply by supplying the correct line
handle and address, this works.

The Music Telecom TSP defaults to a single line device with multiple
addresses.  The latest release of the TSP provides a re-Configure button to
assign one line to each line device and therefore exposes 8 line devices
for your 8 port MTP8 card.

If your are setup with a single line device and multiple addresses, in this
case, the dwSelect bit should not be LINECALLSELECT_LINE as that always
defaults to address 0.

However, LINECALLSELECT_ADDRESS would function properly. If the card is
setup with 1 address per line, any selection bit will work.

Hope this was helpful

Paul Winders
Director of Strategic Development
Music Telecom