Client - Server and Server - Server Connection...

Client - Server and Server - Server Connection...

Post by Johnny Sandai » Sat, 21 Sep 2002 06:54:24

Greetings,

I have written a Service for Windows and wanted to use it to check on
a another Server (Service) that is located on another machine.  I
wanted to know if the other Service is running on the other machine or
if the machine where it is located is available on the intranet before
I continue to do some file checking locally and send results to the
other machine.  Better yet, the result of this test will let me know
if an internet or intranet connection is available.

Can anyone assist me in this effort?  Is there a way for me to Ping
the other server and test for a result or an error?

Any ideas or assistance will be greatly appreciated...

Regards,

Johnny