Good intro to winsock programming

Post by Matthew Ber » Wed, 27 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi, I've just subscribed to this group, in the hope of learning how to write
Windows Applications that provide internet access to the user. I can program
Windows 3.1 in C++, so it should not be a big jump.

Are there any good places that have sample code or explanatory text files or
a FAQ?

Thanks
Matt

1. Good Intro to Programming/Visual Basic?

Hey folks,

Could anyone recommend a good book to introduce a non-programmer friend
of mine to Visual Basic?

My buddy is a computer technician who knows a lot about PCs, but has
no programming experience beyond CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT.

Any advice?  Alternatively, is there another language/book combination
you would recommend.  (I considered C++, but I'm not that cruel.)

Thanks in advance,

Eric
#  Eric Mitchell                |  If HAL ran Usenet:   "I'm sorry Dave.     #
#                               |       I'm afraid I can't post that."       #
#  MacDonald Dettwiler & Assoc. |--------------------------------------------#

2. Dell xps-t 450

3. What's a good intro book for multithreading using C++\Windows9x?

4. Announcement: next meeting of the user group Luxembourg

5. What's a good intro UML book?

6. LEAMARK 3200. DOES IN NORMALLY TAKE 60 MINUTES TO PRINT 1 PAGE IN COLOR?

7. Seeking good C++ intro/reference books

8. Custom-TypeConverter, PropertyGrid and DoubleClick on Property

9. Please recommend me some good books for winsock programming

10. Can anyone recommed some good books on programming c/c++ and Winsock 32-bit

11. Looking for good Winsock example programs.

12. Where to find good help on winsock vb programming?

13. Question on Intro to Programming with Threads by Andrew Birrell