AppInit_DLLs

Post by Neil Readsha » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I have been recently investigating the AppInit_DLLs registry entry
to inject a DLL into application memory space on NT.  Using the same
DLLs, I have found that by changing the directory specified in the
registry entry, I get different results.  Some directory names seem
to just be ignored or discarded in this entry.  I originally thought
that it may have been a case issue, but it seems not to be the case.
All combinations of cases for the same directory product the same
result.  Ideally, I'd like to have an entry for
C:\Program Files\appname.

If anybody has any comments about this, I'd be interested in hearing
from them.

Thanks in advance,
Neil.

Neil Readshaw                                Phone: +1 408 457 4510
DASCOM Inc.                                  Fax:   +1 408 457 0710

Santa Cruz CA 95062                          WWW: http://www.dascom.com/

1. AppInit_DLL and Notepad

I have successfully written code to "hook" processes using techniques in
articles from Matt Pietrek and John Robbins -- cool! The DLL I have created
and added into the AppInit_Dll Registry key works perfectly...except when I
try to use it on Notepad!

I understand the executable must be linked with USER32.DLL (no console apps)
which Notepad does. This makes no sense. It appears that NT does not load
the AppInit_Dll files for Notepad but it does for everything else!?!?!?!?!?
How come? Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

2. file sizes

3. Multiple entry in AppInit_DLLs Register Key

4. Application Serving - bare bones questions

5. AppInit_DLLs Help

6. WTB: Personal IRIS 4D/3x power supply

7. NT's APPINIT_DLLS. Is there a 95 equivalent?

8. NIC card for online conection