Can't Access [SOUNDS] in Win 95 Win.ini

Post by Bobby Sixkill » Wed, 22 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Ive written a program that accesses the WIN.INI file to replace system
sounds,it works for WIN 3.x  but the problem Im facing is that Win95 does
not seem to have those sounds anywhere in a visible file....I access the
win95 WIN.INI and find ..

[Sounds]
SystemDefault=,

thats it.....where windows 3.1 has..

[sounds]
SystemAsterisk=C:\PAKI.WAV,Asterisk
SystemHand=chord.wav,Critical Stop
SystemDefault=C:\WINDOWS\BEEP.WAV,Default Beep
SystemExclamation=chord.wav,Exclamation
SystemQuestion=chord.wav,Question
SystemExit=C:\PAKI.WAV,Windows Exit
SystemStart=C:\WINDOWS\OPENING.WAV,Windows Start
Ive also written a searching program that effectively searches through all
the files ont the harddrive, for a given string (not whole words only, or
case sensitivity).Anyway,I used this program to search for ("wav")
("sound") ("BEEP.wav") {a wave file in my current settings}, and a bunch
of other logical keywords, what Ive found is nothing at all, sure the
program finds the keywords in a bunch of files, like......
("wav") as in..win.ini=> SND=C:\WAVE\wave.exe ^.SND.....or in some text
file, but never what Im looking for. so as you can see,Ive exausted every
possibility of finding it myself, if you know how to find it, please let
me know! Im not looking for how to change it from control panel, but
rather how to access it in the file itself!

thanks in advance

1. MS Access 97 for Win 95 and MS Access Developer's Toolkit for Win 95

Could someone tell me whether MS Access Developer's Toolkit for Windows 95
can be used with MS Access 97 for WIN 95 ?

I've recently purchased both, however, I'm not sure as to their
compatibility...therefore I have yet to unwrap the Developer's Toolkit in
case I will have to return it.

I don't think there is a MS Access Developer's Toolkit 97 for Windows 95.
Can somebody help me out here.  If you know the answer, I would appreciate

Thanks.

2. Free subscription-Music Classifieds

3. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

4. Mustek 1200CP driver problems.

5. MSDN WIN 95 DDK KBD DRIVER SAMPLE WON'T COMPILE

6. NLNOTES error when selecting document after search

7. Win 95 won't "Quick View" files ie: JPG

8. process.start in vb.net not working in Windows 7, VS2010

9. Win NT & Win'95 Print to File

10. True Type font won't work on Win 95?

11. Microsoft Solutions Framework DDTITLE.EXE won't run on Win 95