Is it possible to install remote TSP server on Windows NT 4.0 Workstation?

Is it possible to install remote TSP server on Windows NT 4.0 Workstation?

Post by Alex Lobod » Sat, 17 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I tried to run tcmsetup /S domain/user password and got a message saying
that it required WIndows NT Server to run the remote TAPI server. Is there
any get-around?

Best regards,
Alex

Is it possible to install remote TSP server on Windows NT 4.0 Workstation?

Post by Grant Schenc » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Yes, MS restricts TAPI Server functionality to NT Server.  No work around
that I'm aware of.
--
Grant Schenck
Grant Schenck Software

http://members.home.net/grantschenck/

Quote:> Hi,

> I tried to run tcmsetup /S domain/user password and got a message saying
> that it required WIndows NT Server to run the remote TAPI server. Is there
> any get-around?

> Best regards,
> Alex

1. Trouble Installing NT Server or Workstation 4.0

I am trying to install NT4 on a second drive in my development machine, so that I
can install and run SQL Server 7, which is important to a lot of my current
development work, although some SQL Server 2000 work is starting to appear.

My machine has an Athlon processor, with Me as the OS on the C: drive.  I have a
D: partition that I want to install NT on, but the MSDN disks won't let me.  Any
ideas?

2. A FEW THOUGHTS ABOUT THE

3. Visual C++ 4.0 Install on Windows NT workstation 3.5 ???

4. iPaq 3835 battery life and charge time?

5. How to differentiate between Win NT 4.0 workstation and NT server

6. Needed: Oramail consultant

7. DCOM remote server wrapping ActiveX Library on Windows NT 4.0

8. Quest account on 2000 server?

9. DCOM between WinNT 4.0 client and WinNT 4.0 Server (Q176799) remote server

10. How do I install Remote Registry Service on a Windows NT Server v4 (SP3)?

11. Determining if a Remote Device is NT Workstation or Server

12. Connecting Windows 95 and Windows Workstation NT 4.0

13. Remote TSP and NT Terminal Server