retain in Access

Post by Mr Aaron Heung Kwong L » Fri, 09 Dec 1994 00:25:24

Hi!

I want to set the default value of a field to the previous record so that
I don't need to type it again and again. I know that in dbase it's
retain., but I can't figure out the answer for Access. Pls help me by
dropping some lines to my email a/c .

Thanks!

Aaron

1. retain or not retain on init?

In an application I am debugging I found that in the init of some classes I
would find:
phonenumbers = [NSArray array];
and in other classes I found this:
connections= [[NSArray array] retain];

This surprised me, shouldn't it always be retained?

BTW, does [[NSArray alloc] init] automatically retain the object? Any idea
where I can get more info on this?

Thanks,

Marco

2. Server worm!!!

3. Help! retain() in Access

4. Suggestion for project...

5. Why private DC does not retain attributes across threads ?

6. upload function

7. Installing Office XP on a PC with Office 97 and retain use of both

8. Passing hidden form fields from htm to htm to asp

9. SDI with Multiple Views (and retaining CSplitterWnd)

10. Need variable in callback to retain its value, cannot be static

11. How to retain a screen saver in the screen saver list?

12. How to stop button from retaining focus?

13. How to Stop Button Retaining Focus?