invalidaterect

Post by sergi » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

i have this slide show,

every X seconds it changes the

background brush,
removes the 3 pix (static ownerdraws)
invaliadatesretc for entire parent window
updateswindow
then goes to the next slide

this is a loop,
well every 9 loops it wont do the updatewindow, the new slides get painted
but over the old ones which dont go away.......

i have debugged this in everyway, and am sooooo lost....its the same code,
and i even put a sleep line in between taken each STATIC window down so i
can see it disappear, but on every 9th loop, it wont take the pic down

am even using movewindow(child, 0, 0, 0, 0, TRUE);
then
InvalidateRect(PARENT, NULL, TRUE);
UpdateWindow(PARENT);

and still....every ninth loop, the child windows do NOT go anywhere...i am
even making sure i destroy the bitmap handle used in the wm_drawitem comannd
before taking down the window...

is this strange or what????

1. InvalidateRect

Hi,
I'm making a small application which draws directly to the background.
Sometimes I need to redraw certain parts. If I call the InvalidateRect with
NULL as the second parameter, it works fine, but then it redraws the intire
window. If I call the InvalidateRect with a valid rect, the WM_PAINT is
still sent to the application, but when I call some drawing functions,
nothing happens. They do not return error messageses either. Can anybody
give a hint to where the problem might lie?

Thanks in advance,
Per Rasmussen.

2. Great New Hardware Hompepage

3. InvalidateRect() question

4. AutoCad to Illustrator or Other Vector App

5. InvalidateRect woes

6. Sytem Lock-up on invalid Password or UserName

7. MFC Q: Where to call Invalidate() or InvalidateRect()?

8. Emacs for NT

9. InvalidateRect() - Not strictly MFC, but question applies to MFC as well

10. InvalidateRect ? - Newbie Question

11. InvalidateRect ?

12. ListView_GetItemRect and InvalidateRect problem

13. Q: InvalidateRect and optimizing painting