Reference on IPX/SPX-programming needed

Post by Maxi » Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:28:27

Where will I find some good sample for this kind of networking-code?

THanks alot!

Maxim

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Phil Frisbie, Jr » Wed, 01 Nov 2000 01:53:43

> Where will I find some good sample for this kind of networking-code?

It depends on what you want to do. Winsock supports IPX/SPX just as easy as
TCP/UDP. For an example of some source code, download my HawkNL library from
http://www.hawksoft.com/hawknl/ , and look at the source code file
HawkNL/src/ipx.c.

I have not fully tested the IPX/SPX code myself, so there may be some minor
bugs, but it should work fine.

Phil Frisbie, Jr.
Lead Developer, Hawk Software
http://www.hawksoft.com

1. Programming IPX/SPX help/documentation

Hi!

After I found out, that pipes cannot help me in connecting to windows95
(what protocol so ever). I need to do some IPX/SPX coding. The TCP/IP-
code is alright, although I've only used the lame CSocket Class.

I need two things, which in fact I don't know anything about:

1. A way of broadcasting over IPX/SPX to get the addresses or
Workstation-Names (like an IP-Polling under TCP/IP)

2. contacting the Workstation by name over IPX/SPX

I would be extremely glad, if someone knowing tells me, where to read
about that...

Thanks once more,

Maxim

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Wtb z50

3. HELP: IPX/SPX programming

4. Money99+ und SPARDA Bank - Probleme

5. IPX/SPX Servers

6. Fat Tool Weirdness

7. Win2000 and IPX/SPX network

8. MS-Mail SMTP gateway

9. Win 98 ICS 2 computer LAN w/ IPX/SPX

10. Sockets on IPX/SPX network

11. winsock over ipx/spx

12. how to send a telegram using spx/ipx

13. Getting ipx/spx address of remote machine