OWL2 Print Preview/AppExpert problem

Post by BNoyesgo » Tue, 17 Jan 1995 14:36:36

I am trying to get Print Preview working with an application generated by
AppExpert.  Anytime I generate a non-MDI application with AppExpert, the
Print Preview feature does not work.  If I open AppExpert, select SDI for
model, and Printing as the only feature, then select generate... The
application builds and runs fine, loads files, prints them fine, etc.  But
if I select Print Preview, I get an OWL exception dialog box that says
"GDI failure to load".  What's the problem?  I have traced the timing of
the exception to when PreviewWindow (generated by AppExpert) calls
TDecoratedFrame::SetupWindow().

Is there an MDI requirement for Print Preview?  Any help appreciated.
E-mail preferred.

Brian

1. Rich Edit Control Printing Problem (like the print preview problem)

Hi,
I've been using the Windows Rich Edit Control to add RTF to some software.
Problem is that when  I print out, what happens is that the text on the
right
can be 'clipped'. I know there is a known problem with print preview with
the RichEdit (problem has been around for a while but 'mysteriously' wasnt
fixed
for windows 98) - and this is like a less dramatic version of the same
problem.
Basically I use the same RichEdit to draw to different areas of the same
page,
by repeatedly loading it with data then FormatRange - ing it to the screen /
printer.

I can't see how its a 'clip rect' thats doing if - what I mean is say I have
a control
containing:
abcdefghijk
abcdefg
abc
.. *every* line (not just the longest one) can be 'unfinished' - bits or
even full
letters can be missing.

Its strange cos sometimes it prints fine, then a subtle change somewhere
can cause the problem to appear just in certain places.
Any suggestions? I've searched the newsgroups for a solution and I couldn't
see it - although the search gave the impression the RichEdit is .. erm ..
not quite as bulletproof and robust as it could be..:)
(I've printed from Windows95 and Windows98 to an HP4000TN, the rich edit is
wrapped using an MFC CRichEditCtrl, compiled using MSVC++ 6)
Thanks in advance,
Brian.

2. How to make a righthand-friendly \sum ?

3. Print and print preview problem (ASSERT error when allocating GDI font resource in OnBeginPrinting)

4. Wanted to Buy: Coasters, burnt CD-R's

5. Printing / Print Preview problems

6. Any IMAP providers who provide service guarantees?

7. BC4.0 OWL2.0 partial printing problem

8. LAM/MPI and NAGware f95 on Linux

9. Automated RTF printing & non-editable print preview

10. Printing and Print Preview discrepency

11. Print and Print Preview

12. HELP!!!! MFC PRINT/PRINT PREVIEW

13. Print/Print Preview