Map a drive to a RAS connection

Post by Paul Vandenber » Fri, 12 Apr 2002 18:16:44

Hi all,

I was able to write some code to setup a ras connection. But to use this ras
connection I have to map it to a drive letter. Does one know how to do this?
(I thought WNetAddConnection2 is the right api to use but I cannot figure
out how to use this!)

Thanx,

Paul Vandenberg.

Map a drive to a RAS connection

Post by Khoj Ladha[M » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 08:55:26

Hello
I think you are getting all confused there is no way by which you map a
drive to a ras connection
WNetAddConnection2() api will map a share or any other resource on the
remote server to a drive letter
How to use the WNetaddConnection2 api
HOWTO: Add and Remove Network Connections

Q173011
HOWTO: Use the WNetUseConnection API to Map a Drive in Visual Basic

Q256847

Thanks,

Khoj Ladha

Microsoft Developer Support
Microsoft Support Site http://support.microsoft.com/directory/
Search Knowledge Base
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN&LN=EN-US

1. Mapping Network Drives over RAS

Hi to all,
I have two computers that are connected via 'Remote Access
Service'. During this connection only the TCP/IP protocol
is being used. Therefore the CLIENT machine knows the IP
address of the SERVER machine. Is there a way to access
the REGISTRY or DRIVE of the SERVER machine?
This question is related to the security of SERVER. I have
to disable any way of accessing the DRIVE and REGISTRY of
SERVER.
Any HELP is appreciated.

2. Constructor 2.5 bug?

3. Problem (Bug) with Map Network Drive and Persistent Connections (WNetAddConnection2)

4. Dumb quesiton: How do I do On Error Resume Next?

5. COM interface to RAS APIs for scheduling RAS connection execution????

6. Free software to monitor ports on my PC ?

7. Mapping Logical Drive with Hard Drive.

8. How to map IDE drive to logical drives?

9. Mapping logical drives to physical drives in Windows 2000

10. mapping logical drives to physical drives

11. Switching from a LAN connection to a RAS connection...?

12. How Do I disable Map Network Drive & Disconnect Net Drive