Window Class #37220 (Checking a window for this class)

Window Class #37220 (Checking a window for this class)

Post by R Ku » Sun, 09 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I have a hook and i need to identify if a window receiving the message is a
common dialog. In SPY++, it says the window class is #37220 (i think).  How do
i check if a window has this class? Its not the string "37220", is it?

I tried getting the window class name and comparing it by
(int)*retrievedClassString == 37220

that method did not work.

thanks..
rk

Window Class #37220 (Checking a window for this class)

Post by Todd Osborn » Sun, 09 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Yes, the class name is #32770, not 37220. Given a hWnd, you can:

 if ( GetClassName( hWnd,
       sz,
       sizeof(sz)) &&
       strcmp(sz, "#32770") == 0 )
{
    .. It's a dialog. Do something with it...

Quote:}

Todd

Quote:> I have a hook and i need to identify if a window receiving the message is
> common dialog. In SPY++, it says the window class is #37220 (i think).
How do
> i check if a window has this class? Its not the string "37220", is it?

> I tried getting the window class name and comparing it by
> (int)*retrievedClassString == 37220

> that method did not work.

> thanks..
> rk

Window Class #37220 (Checking a window for this class)

Post by R Ku » Sun, 09 Apr 2000 04:00:00

will try, thanks

rk

1. Implementation of class basic_string<class charT, class traits, class Allocator>

I am currently implementing, from the working paper, class
basic_string.  I'm not sure on a couple of things.  The first is
if the standard says:

insert ( const basic_string bs&str )
        Does this and that
insert ( charT *cp )
        insert ( basic_string ( cp );

am I non-complient if I put the real code in the charT* overload
and have the other call it?  I'm not sure the level of
complience that is required ...

Also, is there a validation suite that can put this class
through it's paces?

One more thing ... before calling traits::deallocate, should I
explicitly call destructors on the charT's in my array, since it
may be a class type, or does the definition of charT as being
'char-like' preclude this?
---
[ comp.std.c++ is moderated.  To submit articles: try just posting with      ]

[ FAQ:      http://reality.sgi.com/employees/austern_mti/std-c++/faq.html    ]
[ Policy:   http://reality.sgi.com/employees/austern_mti/std-c++/policy.html ]

2. Restricting Games

3. instance of which class ? ( class type checking )

4. Windows Sockets Error: WSAENOBUFS in Orbix

5. Fast Sub-class checks [Was: Re: Class tests and type-safe downcasting]

6. Windows ME DVD Player

7. How can I count windows made from same Window Class?

8. INFO-CPM Digest V89 #158

9. List class, Queue class, Stack class

10. Class templates derived of normal classes: how to access members in the derived classes?

11. Why no template<class T>class U{friend class T;}; ?

12. How to check whether a window is a message-only window

13. compile time check on existent class members or typedefs?