Mic usage for random input

Post by Dan & Dawn Toomb » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have successfully configured the Mersenne Twister algorithm for my
computer, and it's really awesome but I'd like to take it another step.

I want to be able to read background static from the mic and take, say, the
least significant bit from every signal and incorporate it into the Mersenne
Twister.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to get mic input, or how to read/write WAV
format. The only thing I know is that I need <mmsystem.h> and winmm.lib in
my project.

Thanks a lot, in advance! 8-)

1. How do I record from modem's mic input?

Hi,

I have a speakerphone modem with connectors for speaker and microphone.  How
can I record from the microphone input?

To record I need a device ID.  There only seems to be device ID's for the
line and the handset, but not the speakerphone.  I've seen answering machine
apps that allow recording greetings from the modem's mic input.  Isn't this
possible using TAPI?

Craig Duncan

2. wtb: monitor switch for st

3. SOUNDCARD MIC INPUT, VB CODE NEEDED TO DETERMINE FREQUENCY

4. Formatting a text box

5. rand() for random char input in file?

6. Found New Storage Device

7. random or not random ??

8. Radius GDM-1950

9. Random not very random

10. Memory usage and cpu usage of a process

11. #Processes/CPU Usage/Memory Usage

12. JournalPlayBack Hook Not Sending Input To Expected Input Thread

13. How to distinguish between real user input and another program input?