win.ini and sys.ini

Post by A. Rollin » Tue, 07 Feb 1995 19:36:00

There are loads of commands that can be added to either the win.ini or the
sys.ini that allow you to configure windows, but appear to be unavailable
from within windows any other way.

E.g.

ForceLazyOn=CD

which speeds up disk access for Stacker 4.0 (as recommended in the tech notes)

My question is, is there a comprehensive list of these 'hidden' commands
available anywhere - either on the net as a text document, or in a book
somewhere??

TIA
Andrew

win.ini and sys.ini

Post by John Gra » Sat, 11 Feb 1995 13:37:47

>There are loads of commands that can be added to either the win.ini or the
>sys.ini that allow you to configure windows, but appear to be unavailable
>from within windows any other way.

>E.g.

>ForceLazyOn=CD

>which speeds up disk access for Stacker 4.0 (as recommended in the tech notes)

>My question is, is there a comprehensive list of these 'hidden' commands
>available anywhere - either on the net as a text document, or in a book
>somewhere??

>TIA
>Andrew

        Have a look at the Windows Resource Kit, available at your
        local computer bookstore.

--

Airborne Geophysics
Geological Survey of Canada, Ottawa

1. How to use myfile.ini instead od win.ini ?

There are four functions:

GetPrivateProfileInt
GetPrivateProfileString
WritePrivateProfileString

and I think there's a

WritePrivateProfileInt

but it's not in this old documentation I have.

The parameters are pretty much the same as GetProfileString et all, but
have an extra parameter at the end for the filename.

nathan

2. problems with frame

3. Can't Access [SOUNDS] in Win 95 Win.ini

4. Long distance carrier for motel

5. Modifying win.ini and autoexec.bat

6. Routing RAS and Netmeeting PLEASE HELP!!!

7. How do I install my program and win.ini extensions?

8. printer change and win.ini

9. win.ini and others

10. Getting printer driver to re-read win.ini

11. win.ini, WritePrivateProfileString, and the NT registry

12. win.ini sound events...customisable?