Tapi How to play a wave file after establishing the connection

Tapi How to play a wave file after establishing the connection

Post by Raje » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 03:09:59

I have created an application in TAPI which dows the basic call
connection to another telephone line.No i want to play a wave file to
the telphone.How do i do this ?Kindly help me out.
Thanks in advance...
Regards
Rajesh

Post by Bruce Pennypacke » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 03:20:29

> I have created an application in TAPI which dows the basic call
> connection to another telephone line.No i want to play a wave file to
> the telphone.How do i do this ?Kindly help me out.
> Thanks in advance...
> Regards
> Rajesh

Use lineGetID with the device class "wave/out" to get the ID of the wave
device to use.  Then use the waveOutxxx API's to play the file.  For a
sample see the voicemail app I have a pointer to at
http://tapifaq.pennypacker.org

-Bruce

Tapi How to play a wave file after establishing the connection

Post by Grant Schenc » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 03:21:08

In TAPI 2.x, you call lineGetID("wave/out", ...) and then use that ID
as a wave out device ID in calls to waveOutOpen(), etc. to play a wave
data to the device.  You would use mmio* APIs to read the file is
chunks and write these to the waveOut device that you opened.

In TAPI 3.x it is handled differently and I'm not particularly up on
how it is done there.
--
Grant Schenck
Grant Schenck Software

http://schenck.150m.com

Quote:> I have created an application in TAPI which dows the basic call