Printer Pool - Print to multiple printers usings 1 print driver?

Printer Pool - Print to multiple printers usings 1 print driver?

Post by cmarinot » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 00:26:27

I am trying to figure out how to create (or if one already exists) a
printer pool. Only, this printer pool is NOT a queue. It is a print
job submitted once, that automatically prints out to many different
printers that I want to setup.

So, assume you have clicked "print" from your application, then assume
that you have chosen this pool of printers. If you have 5 printers in
the pool, then you have 5 copies printed out, 1 copy on each printer.

I would LOVE to have a setup where it is a local pool setup, but the
printers are on indiviual machines. The printers I intend on using are
not printers, they are software imagers that will export the intended
print to a file format. Each of the printers in the pool will handle 1
of 5 formats.

Anyone have any ideas of how to do this or if something already
exists?

Regards,

Chuck