1. Softlocx error " Failed to register the license ", user unable to register license
We have had success with using the Softlocx security component in our
application until a specific customer. Now we are having a problem
with Softlocx 6.0 with our application. The scenario is as follows:
The customer has Windows NT with service pack 6.0 running as the
They have a number of PCs on which they want to deploy our
application. The customer is doing the deployment by setting up a
single PC with the standard applications and environment and then
creating a CD from which the operating environment of all the other
PCs to be deployed will be cloned. I think they may be using the
Norton Ghost product to do the image cloning.
The customer has tried the clone disk on a new PC with the result that
our application does not work. The user is getting an error dialog
which says "Failed to register the license". This error dialog is
from the Softlocx control and not from our application.
We know the following:
- there is no anti-virus running on the PC
- the initial splash screen from the application says the eval period
- the user has used the administrator user to log in and do the
- the unlock code should be correct
. we have an unlock utility which has provided correct codes thus
. the Softlocx SDK utility provides the same unlock code
- when the user clicks on the Continue button rather than the Unlock
button the request to register the software displays
- if the user un-installs the application and then does an install
again, the license attempt still fails
We assume the following:
- when creating the clone CD, user tried the application before
burning the CD image
We have tried the following without success (success meaning we are
able to register the application and then use it).
- un-install the application and then re-install it.
- un-install the application, delete the directory, and then
The components installed includes the S6NonCK.ocx which is going into
the Windows System directory. We do not uninstall the S6NonCK.ocx
control during the un-install operation.
What can cause the dialog box with this specific message?
Do we need to remove Windows registry entries after un-installing the
Does Softlocx work properly when using a CD to replicate a standard
installation of Windows?
From a search in Google groups, there are reports of problems
accessing the registry due to installation packages modifying the
registry key privileges in Windows 2000. Could there be a similar
problem with Windows NT?
Thanks in advance.
2. Outlook contacts as Monery 2000 customers
3. how to remove the device driver in Win98 / WinME ?
4. ANNOUNCE: Patch 2.5.3 binaries updated
5. How to programmatically set IP on win98/winme?
6. Changing place where code from Toolbox-controls is placed
7. More info: COM isue in Win98/WinMe
8. Intel Parallel port problem
9. COM isue in Win98/WinMe
10. loading sound - crash on win98/winME
11. multiple WSARecv calls on WinME fail?
12. TAPI 2.1 not working with Unimodem TSP on Win98
13. page-fault while using Repeater-TSP under Win98