Win32 - VIM - Lotus cc:mail - Do these things work together?

Win32 - VIM - Lotus cc:mail - Do these things work together?

Post by Rick Daugher » Thu, 11 May 1995 04:00:00

The Short Question
==================

Q: Does ne1 know how I can access the cc:Mail post office from a 32-bit
application. Normally, the VIM.DLL functions would work but that module is
16-bit and Lotus does not seem ready to release a 32-bit version. I would
thunk if I could (running under NT/Win95). Ideas appreciated.

The Story Question
==================

Q: The Lotus VIM developer toolkit comes with a bunch of sample code that
supposedly was designed for Windows NT. The CD-ROM also had a little
sticker plastered on it labeled (Windows NT Support!).  However, if one
compiles the source code using VC++2.0 one gets a little message about the
VIM.DLL being an invalid module. I realize that this is happening because
the VIM.DLL (and SMI.DLL) is a 16-bit module and I'm trying to access it
from 32-bit code. Lotus technical support stated that there were no
options available. Sorry!  I refuse to give up on creating applications
that are 32-bit (for NT and 95) and still can access the cc:Mail
interface/post office. I have suceeded in writing a small 16-bit app that
is responsible for communicating with the VIM.DLL and supports
interprocess messaging to communicate with a 32-bit app. I REALLY hate
that fix. Can anyone think of a way to communicate with VIM other than by
directly calling the functions available in the DLL? I have also exchanged
mail with the post office by using the import and export applications that
are distribution by Lotus as a separate product -- they are also 16-bit
apps -- DOS no less -- and they are designed to read and write text files
for communication, not real efficient when you are dealing with program to
program communication. Thunking is also a possibility -- how can I do that
from NT? Ideas appreciated.

TIA,

Rick Daugherty

1. VIM's and cc:mail

Hiya,

If anyone knows a better place for this then plese let me know...

I am coding a cc:mail user admin type program in C.  It basically uses VIM
calls to add users, edit users etc... the problem is this I want to be able
to propagate the users I add.  The only way I can see of doing this without
calling IMPORT.EXE is to post a message on the ##Directory updates bullitin
board, BUT when i open a VIM session with the Post Office name and password
(like you MUST do when adding / deleting users) the VIMSendMessage function
doesn't seem to work.  If i open a 'Gateway' session then i can send messages
but not do user admin.  Can anyone help at all?  atm i am getting my
windows program to call the DOS versions of IMPORT & EXPORT which is really
slow and very very tacky.

Please email if possible,
Thanks in advance.

Jon.

--

"Everything was so different before it changed."

2. PDF's and email

3. MAPI/VIM Mail

4. folder on desktop- changing appearance

5. Lotus Notes mail and database migration to Exchange 2000.

6. Permissions on applications

7. c#: send mail with Lotus Notes

8. Error Messagew when Closing Win98

9. Send Mail ASP page using Lotus Notes

10. Getting Lotus Mails using CDO Object.

11. Lotus Notes 4.6 as Default Mail Client

12. Access Lotus Notes Mail DB from VB6

13. CC: Mail expert in NY