which book? (for a beginner)

Post by Nick & J » Thu, 21 Dec 2000 12:14:48

Hi All

I am about to start teaching myself windows programming but I'm not sure the
best book to buy. I have experience with visual basic, C/C++ programming but
have never done much with the win32 API.
I want to write in C not C++.

My two choices are:
Programming Windows - by Charles Petzold
or
Windows 2000 API Super Bible - by (Richard??) Simon

The superbible seems to be a little more up to date (win98 and 2000) but
Petzold's book seems to be the one that is usually recommended.

Any comments would be appreciated

Nick

1. Delphi book for the beginner

Hi ,

I'm new to Delphi and this is the first developing program that I ever
bought. Now I'm looking for a delphi good book that is suitable for
beginner.

--------------------------
K.K. Yuen

--------------------------

2. COM and IE

3. Books for Beginner in Programming

4. FP 2000 Upgrade CD

5. Can someone recommend a good beginner COM book?

6. FS: Pagestream 2.22 - 10 UKP

7. Question : Which book is better for a beginner?

8. SCSI archive files

9. Beginner needs good books

10. Window programming book for beginner

11. dcom books for beginners

12. Good books for beginner.

13. Best C++ books for beginner through to Advanced