of user interactive services...

Post by Ken Salte » Sun, 11 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi!  I am writing a service using LocalSystem account so that the service
can interact with the user.  The service starts Automatically.

Question 1:  When NT 4.0 starts, the service executes.  The user logs on.
The user can see the service.  The user logs off.  The user logs on again
(or a different user logs on).  The service dissappears, yet it is still
running (used TaskManager to see it).  How can I keep it visible.

Question 2:  I want to be able to detect when the taskbar has been
initialized so that I can automatically hide my service and put an icon on
the taskbar.

Thanks for any input!

- Ken