Q: using tapi to establisth connection for NON-tapi application

Q: using tapi to establisth connection for NON-tapi application

Post by Ari Railanma » Wed, 04 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hey

I am asked to use TAPI to dial a remote line that should then be used
for data communications by a device driver implementing a communications
protocol and using standard WIN NT serial device driver to do the hard
work.

The trouble is that I can't find a way to leave the line open while
releasing it from TAPI so that the driver could open the serial device.

I have found documentation of LINEDEVCAPS member dwDevCapFlags that has
a bit called LINEDEVCAPFLAGS_CLOSEDROP that can be used to detect
whether lineClose will hangup the line.

I however have found no method how to influence that flag, that always
seems to have the wrong value for me.

Thanks in advance for any information un the subject

Yours
Ari Railanmaa
SWE Software Engineers
Finland

Q: using tapi to establisth connection for NON-tapi application

Post by Grant Schenc » Wed, 04 Mar 1998 04:00:00

LINEDEVCAPFLAGS_CLOSEDROP is not related to what you are trying to do.

As I understand it you want to place a data call using TAPI and then use
Win32 Comm APIs after the call is connected?  If so you want to use
lineGetID("comm/datamodem") or some such to get at the underlying comm
handle.  No problem for a device driver to use TAPI AFAIK however, the
driver would have to be written to TAPI.  There is no way to use TAPI to
place a call and then use a non-TAPI app to handle the call.
--
Grant Schenck

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/SCHENCK/