Porting 3.1 apps to Win95 / NT ?

Post by Ernst Kloeck » Mon, 01 Jan 1996 04:00:00

As we soon have to port our Windows 3.1 applications to Windows 95 and
Windows NT I am looking for information on the fundamental differences
between Win3.1 and Win95 / WinNT.

First of all, is there a good book on the internal workings of Win95 /
WinNT, an equivalent of Petzold's book for Win3.1 ?

Also is my assumption correct that programming for Win95 or WinNT is
basically the same ?
(I conclude that from the fact that Win95 compliant programs also run on
WinNT).

Thanks for any info, Ernst.

1. Porting winsock app developed under NT to 3.1 ???

I've got a little winsock application that just opens a socket to a
another node, does a little reading and writing, and closes. Nothing
complicated.  I wrote this using Visual C++ 2.0 under Windows NT.

I now need to have the application run under Win 3.1 or Win for WG.

I can't find any documentation that really spells out some way to
accomplish this using VC++ 2.0.  Do I need to obtain a Windows
version of some compiler and recompile under Windows, or is there
any way getting this done under NT?

I'd appreciate any pointers!

Thanks,

Greg

--
 Greg Henderson                   The spaceship with its human cargo
 Intergraph Corporation            Speeds from star to blazing star.

2. XSL and variables

3. Porting NT 3.1 to NT 4.0

4. How does del2 work?

5. Smash Bro's ?

6. WM_NCHITTEST 16bit app in Win95 vs 3.1

7. 3.1 apps in Win95?

8. mission-critical serial port apps in Win 3.1

9. Win95,NT,3.1 Search(grep) & Replace utility

10. Win 3.1 program on Win95 / Win NT

11. Having Trouble Porting from Windows 3.1 to Windows NT