Locking a Windows NT 4.0 Workstation by code

Locking a Windows NT 4.0 Workstation by code

Post by Paolo Giacomuzz » Wed, 18 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Is it possible to lock a Windows NT 4.0 Workstation by code ? Is there a
Win32 API that allows me to do that ?
Thanks in advance.

Paolo Giacomuzzi

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/9486

1. How do you lock an NT 4.0 Workstation from a program?

Hi,

Sorry cross-posting but if I new where exactly to
post I would probably already have the answer ;-)

How does one lock the desktop of an NT 4.0 workstation through the API?

i.e. emulate the CTL-ALT-DEL, ALT-W key sequence.

I have seen a VB shareware program called locknow that both invokes the
screen saver and locks the workstaion.  And am wondering how to do the latter.

In fact I would appreciate it if someone could explain how password protected
screen-savers work in windows nt.  I suspect it is not the saver that locks
the workstation but nt itself.  I think this is so because configuring screen
saver "foo" to be password protected and then executing foo.scr does indeed
start the screen save but doesn't seem to lock the workstation.

Any tips, suggestion or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dale Wityshyn

2. tcsh for HP-UX 10.X

3. Connecting Windows 95 and Windows Workstation NT 4.0

4. I found Tremendous music information and promotion site!!

5. screensaver under windows nt workstation 4.0

6. DXF file TO print in corelDRAW

7. Is it possible to install remote TSP server on Windows NT 4.0 Workstation?

8. ARP and browsing

9. Visual C++ 4.0 Install on Windows NT workstation 3.5 ???

10. porting an OS/2-Presentation Manager application to Windows NT 4.0 workstation

11. How to reboot Windows NT 4.0 Workstation?

12. FTP over RAS (Windows NT 4.0 Workstation).

13. WINDOWS NT 4.0 WORKSTATION RESOURCE KIT