ActiveX control doesn't display on PIE

Post by alok » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:53:51

Hello Sir/Madam !
We are developing the activex control for the PDA.while
displaying
my activeX control on web through PIE ..It doesn't show
any error message or
it won't display anthing on PDA screen.
My activeX control is successfully registered on PDA and,
if i am
using EVB application then i am able to run the activeX
control on
PDA but not with the PIE.
The following hardware/software we are useing for
implementation
and for the testing procedure-

Hardware -
   IPAQ    Model No 3630.   compaq.
Software -
   ActiveX built on EVC++ 3.0.
   HTML page to disply the ActiveX control.
   EVB 3.0 activeX application container.

My activeX control is OLE based and it uses Apartment
threading
modal.

My activeX control is using some external dll's also which
is
successful registered on PDA.

Please help me to find out some of answers for the
following
Questions :-

[1] Is there any limitation on PIE to disply the ActiveX
control?
[2] How i can update new PIE version ?
[3] If com is not supporting the Apartment threading model
then
what should i do to change it in "FREE" model ?
[4] Is there any other way to call the Activex on webpage
rather
then
    using the html object tag ?
[5] How can check the version of PIE into PDA?

If possible try to help me out ....

Thanks & Regards
ALOK TIWARI

1. drop down list box - doesn't drop, doesn't list, doesn't remember.

I have a drop down list box defined, called WH_QUERY.
I want to put things in it, and allow the user to select from the things
I put in it, or enter something new. If they enter something new, I'd like
to see it added into the list box. (iot behave like a ddlb should behave)

I've poured through the MS SDK manuals, and through the petzold book.
The closest any of them came was when Petzold called a font dialog from
commdlg that *used* a drop down list box. But there was no mention of
how to implement your own dialogs that use them.

I have the following code...
case WM_COMMAND:
 switch(wParam) {
 case WH_QUERY :
  GetDlgItemText(hDlg, WH_QUERY, (LPSTR) wh_query, CMD_LEN);
  SendDlgItemMessage (hDlg, WH_QUERY, LB_ADDSTRING, 0,(LONG)(LPSTR) wh_query);
  return(0);
 }

(strange indentation is so that it'll fit on one line)

what else do I need? As this is *not* enough...

2. Postscript + MiTeX !?

3. Can't use a created activex control in a new activex control..

4. QPW5 @ functions don't work in QPW7

5. How can ActiveX control bypass pressed keys, so a container doesn't process them?

6. ActiveX Control Doesn't Appear

7. ActiveX controls doesn't fire events in Delphi?

8. When adding activex control, dialog doesn't work ?

9. Displaying '&' in a dialog's static control

10. ActiveX doesn't install after downloading.