Cannot get Win98 DDk help files

Post by kdeshpa.. » Sat, 25 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

I just received the Win98 DDK and tried to install it on my PC without
success. When I click on the shortcut for DDK Documentation, I get an
error message: Cannot open the file: d:\ddk98\Help\98Ddk.col

Needless to say, this file does not exist in that dir. It does not exist
in the 98 DDK tree. All the files in the Help dir are *.chi or *.chm.

Any thoughts?

-Ketan

Cannot get Win98 DDk help files

Post by Ravinder Thin » Fri, 31 Jul 1998 04:00:00

The setup of Win98 DDK creates a wrong shortcut for the help file.
You need to change the target of the shortcut to point to
D:\WINNT\hh.exe c:\98ddk\Help\Win98Ddk.chm
Remember the directories might be different in your case.