edit box in dialog app not showing unicode

edit box in dialog app not showing unicode

Post by Ross » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 10:51:05

Hi,

Stuffed up in my first post.. it should have read as follows:

I've written a dialog based app with an edit control on it. As I am
getting further and further into it, eventually it will be using some
other means to put Chinese characters in (WM_SETTEXT) but for now, I
have the problem that I can set the font (WM_SETFONT) for the edit
control to a GB2312 font (SimSun, using the GB2312_CHARSET), but when
I go to copy/paste characters from Character Map into the edit box,
they just appear as question marks. Same if I hold down ALT and type
in the key sequence, more question marks. Why is this? If further
clarification is needed I can paste snippets of code that would give
more insight. Would it be unicode related?

Cheers,
Ross Cousens

1. How to not show main app window and shoe modelss dialog boxes

Hi

I will really appreciate if some one could give me quick hint as to how NOT
to show my main window (MFC MDI-APP) and show some modeless dialog boxes
that the app creates ... after coming up.

If I let my main MDI app come up, then create my mode-les dialog boxes and
hide the app then, the mode-less dialogs are also hidden alongwith it.I have
been able to get round this by "creating" but not "showing" duing
InitInstance(0 and it works. Modeless dialog boxes show up where as app's
main window does not.

Hoever I was wondering if there is a better and the "right" way of doing so
..because this solution fails when I try to use a progress bar which needs
the main window as its parent!. In m yscenario, when mai nwindow is hidden,
my progress bar never shows up, therefore!

Thanks
Ahmed

2. Creating ODBC connections to AS/400 Logicals

3. Edit control in dialog based app showing extended characters as question marks

4. Position:Test Manager -Detroit,MI

5. Dialog box doesn't show if BC4.5 not running?

6. cable modem downloads in waves?

7. dialog box shown in NT 4.0 but not in Win95

8. Dialog App / Dialog App / Dialog App

9. Underscore char not visible in 3.11 Dialog Edit box?

10. Newbie Question - Multiline Edit Text Edit in a Dialog Box

11. Windows XP Dialog Box in C++ App Not Displayed Properly

12. Edit Box on a dialog box