Connecting Windows 95 and Windows Workstation NT 4.0

Connecting Windows 95 and Windows Workstation NT 4.0

Post by Luiz Eduardo Pereir » Sun, 12 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi All,

I'm trying to connect to computers using their serial/paralel ports. One
has Windows 95 and the other Windows Wkstation 4.0. Does anyone
have an idea how can I do that ?? I know NT 4.0 doesn't have DCC ( Direct
Cabel Connectio ), so what are the other ways to do that ?? Can I a use
the paralel port of one and the serial port the other ?? How can I find
which
COM is assigned to each port and if it's in use or no ?? ( I'm having
some problems to find out which port should I use .. )

Thanks in Advance
Renato, Brazil.

1. How to create windows larger than the size of Desktop in Windows 95 or NT 4.0?

--

// remove .--- from return address to get correct e-mail

You can create bigger windows by handling the WM_GETMINMAXINFO message
the below example creates a window that is 2000x1500 fixed size (cannot be
changed even if you try to resize). The default implementation fills in the
MINMAXINFO structure with the desktop area size. (well, sort of)

void CMainFrame::OnGetMinMaxInfo(MINMAXINFO FAR* lpMMI)
{
        // do not call base class fn
        //CFrameWnd::OnGetMinMaxInfo(lpMMI);
        lpMMI->ptMaxSize.x=2000;
        lpMMI->ptMaxSize.y=1500; // maximum MAXIMIZED sizes

        lpMMI->ptMinTrackSize.x=2000;  // minimum sizeable size
        lpMMI->ptMinTrackSize.y=1500;

        lpMMI->ptMaxTrackSize.x=2000;  // maximum sizeable size
        lpMMI->ptMaxTrackSize.y=1500;

Good luck
Mahesh Raghavan

2. source code for unix kernel?

3. Visual Basic applications migrated from Windows 95 to Windows NT 4.0

4. High availabillity and MPI ??

5. How can i get the current NT Domain on a Windows 95 workstation

6. Problem with setting variable for djgpp

7. Why does Windows NT 4.0 rasterize fonts differently than 3.1 or 95?

8. Accessing Yamaha DB50XG XG sound banks

9. screensaver under windows nt workstation 4.0

10. Is it possible to install remote TSP server on Windows NT 4.0 Workstation?

11. Changing COMM properties using a TAPI Handle in Windows 95 and NT 4.0

12. Visual C++ 4.0 Install on Windows NT workstation 3.5 ???

13. porting an OS/2-Presentation Manager application to Windows NT 4.0 workstation