Programming IPX/SPX help/documentation

Post by Maxi » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 12:10:31

Hi!

After I found out, that pipes cannot help me in connecting to windows95
(what protocol so ever). I need to do some IPX/SPX coding. The TCP/IP-
code is alright, although I've only used the lame CSocket Class.

I need two things, which in fact I don't know anything about:

1. A way of broadcasting over IPX/SPX to get the addresses or
Workstation-Names (like an IP-Polling under TCP/IP)

2. contacting the Workstation by name over IPX/SPX

I would be extremely glad, if someone knowing tells me, where to read
about that...

Thanks once more,

Maxim

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. HELP: IPX/SPX programming

Hi,

I was given an assignment to study using IPX/SPX protocol
to :

1. Detect all available services on a node/Server;

2. Poll each service to check the response time of the service
    or detect whether the service is "alive";

I downloaded Netware's SDK.  It does come with a lot of samples
but I just don't know where to start.  They are poorly documented..

My questions are:

1. Can I do it with Visual C++ or do I have to use NetWare SDK?

2. Where can I find sample codes?  The sample codes come with
    NWSDK are very hard to understand.  If there are samples that
    are well documented (like Java's tutorial or VC++'s samples), then
    it would be big help.

3. Any good books to help me jump start?

Sorry if these are too trivial.  I just don't know where to start...

Thanks in advance for any help.

-acc

2. Equivalent of DataNavigateUrlField ?

3. Reference on IPX/SPX-programming needed

4. javadoc -> texinfo

5. HELP !!!!! TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, Sockets

6. How Do You Put call into Speaker + Mic Mode?

7. IPX/SPX Servers

8. Strange problems with IIS - ICS.

9. Win2000 and IPX/SPX network

10. Win 98 ICS 2 computer LAN w/ IPX/SPX

11. Sockets on IPX/SPX network

12. winsock over ipx/spx

13. how to send a telegram using spx/ipx