Fast Display of images ?

Post by Gerhard Blahusc » Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I am searching for the fastest way to bring images form a framegrabber
in a window.

Currently I use the following way:

- before the grabbing starts I create a BitmapHeader
- during the grabbing the framegrabber writes alternatly in two
differnt buffers (using asynchron mode)
- while the framegrabber writes in one buffer I use the other buffer to
display the image with SetDIBitsToDevice()

This works, but not fast enough.
Has anyone encountered the same problem?  I would highly appreciate any
suggestions on how to accelerate the display of the image.

Thanks for your help

Gerhard

1. fast 2D image display

Hi,

    I need advice on the fastest way (in software)
to display large 2D arrays (512x1024) of 8 bit
integers on an Intel PII/Windows NT platform with
AGP Riva TNT graphics.  The raw data is acquired
on a fast PCI bus A/D board to local memory.  My
desire is to achieve at least 20 frames per
second, but 30 would be ideal.  I'd also like to
be able to specify custom colormaps.  I'm new to
this sort of programming problem, so I just need
some direction right now.  Thanks.

                            -Dustin

2. Combobox as a childwindow

3. Image stored in ACCESS97 to be displayed in IMAGE/PICTURE box

4. to querystring or not querystring

5. Fast way to show a JPG image in Wondows Forms

6. ADO and the rest

7. fast image drawing like UNIRAS Gimage

8. FS: A3000

9. Fast plotting of images

10. Looking for MSW3.1 FAST BMP/TIF display code.

11. What is the fast way to display capture video on screen?

12. Fast displaying a graphic on screen using MSVC for WIN NT

13. Fast way to display text using different colors in DirectX