Custom Control GDI Drawing

Post by <bluebe.. » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 15:56:38

Where can I look to get, at run-time, the color values of different control
elements that are set for the current 'theme' or user?

Custom Control GDI Drawing

Post by <bluebe.. » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 16:31:13

Quote:> Where can I look to get, at run-time, the color values of different
control
> elements that are set for the current 'theme' or user?

GetSysColor()

Custom Control GDI Drawing

Post by Jim Lam » Sat, 12 Apr 2003 22:47:20

You might also try GetThemeColor. It's very poorly
documented, but you can use it to get the color of
elements of themed controls on Windows XP.

1. Common Controls and Custom Draw

I've been trying to do some custom drawing of treeviews and listviews.
According to the MSDN, I should be getting up to four notifications for
paint operations (PrePaint, PostPaint, PreErase, PostErase)  For the
treeview, I get pre- and post-paint notifications, for the control and
for individual items.  For the list view, I get pre- and post-paint
notifications for the control, but only the pre- notification for items
and subitems in the control. I never get pre- or post-erase
notifications for the controls or the items in the control.  I am
setting the appropriate return values in repsonse to the
pre-notifications so I should be getting (according to MSDN) all of the
subsequent notifications.  I am using the version 4.72.3611.1900 of the
comctl32.dll.

Has anyone tried this or had any luck in doing this?

Chris

2. Faxempfang per Modem bei ausgeschaltetem PC

3. Custom drawn controls

4. Matlab GUI - How to place cursor on an edit box by program

5. Custom Draw in tree control problem

6. FS: SPARCstation 20 - Model 71 Workstations

7. how to custom draw tree control buttons

8. Going Back to School-Palm good for notes?

9. Custom draw tree control with differently sized nodes

10. Avoiding flickering in List View control with custom draw

11. Focus rect is not drawn properly with custom drawn sub-items in a ListView

12. Draw IE control to a metafile using IViewObject::Draw

13. Draw IE control to a Metafile using IViewObject::Draw