Help: where is DCE pthread.h in HP-UX 10.01?

Help: where is DCE pthread.h in HP-UX 10.01?

Post by Congzhong.W.. » Fri, 19 Apr 1996 04:00:00

  Our new HP 712/60 with HP-UX 10.01 just arrived. In the HP-UX FAQ it says that
DCE is integrated into 10.01 and well, I have tried it with my multi-threaded
application compiled under HP-UX 9 and it worked. But when I tried to compile
the source code, the compiler told me that the header file pthread.h can't be
found.  And it is true, there is no pthread.h in /usr/include.  I noticed that
DCE libraries libdce.sl and pthread_* man pages are all there, just the header
files(also /usr/include/dce ) are missing. I also came accross this HP
DCE/9000 Version 1.3.1 release note,  it mentions Default-Bundled Software
and Optional-Bundled Software which includes "DCE application development
software, DCE interface definition files and header files,..., and the
pthreads archive library."

  So, my question is: where can I find these header files?  Are they already
on the installation CD's or is it another independent product that one should
purchase? We had to have DCE installed on HP-UX 9 at HP center before.
Thanks for any help.

C.Wang