Adding a custome properties tab to the file properties dialog

Adding a custome properties tab to the file properties dialog

Post by Bill Bagsha » Fri, 01 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
    It is posible to add custom tabs to the standard windows file properties
dialog. How do I do this ? The imaging stuff adds a thumb nail for example.
If I uninstall the imaging stuff then this feature goes.

Thanks Billy B.

Adding a custome properties tab to the file properties dialog

Post by Cel Riad » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Absolutely.  The Platform SDK describes how to write shell extensions,
including Property Sheet Handlers.  You will need to know COM in order to
write a shell extension.

-Davin

Quote:> Hi,
>     It is posible to add custom tabs to the standard windows file
properties
> dialog. How do I do this ? The imaging stuff adds a thumb nail for
example.
> If I uninstall the imaging stuff then this feature goes.

> Thanks Billy B.

1. Adding a tab to the "Display Properties" desktop property page

When you right click on the Desktop and select "Properties" you get a dialog
that has a number of tabs on it. The number of tabs varies depending on what
is installed on your system. I have an app that needs a "Property Page" that
would idealy go into a tab on this dialog. How do I do that? Anyone have a
suggestion as to where to look in Microsoft docs to find out? - I'll send
you the app when it is working.

Thanks...

2. Need help with Hired Guns

3. How to write e.g. Author name into File Properties Summary Information property tab...

4. HELP! With Dos full-screen sessions

5. How to add custom property page to OLE Object Properties dialog box?

6. Problem with Q329170

7. How to add new TAB into "Display Properties" dialog box ?

8. .net framework 1.1 error returning dataset with column errors

9. Adding a tab to display properties dialog

10. Adding a tab to the "Display Properties" desktop dialog

11. How to disable property page tab on property sheet?

12. Adding a tab to Desktop Properties Applet

13. Adding Property Pages to Tab Ctrl without MFC