Scientific data via socket (HELP HELP HELP)

Scientific data via socket (HELP HELP HELP)

Post by Fabrizio Santin » Sun, 21 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
I'm a italian student , and I'm writing a neural simulator for my thesis (in
Visual C++ 5.0) and I need of a class C++ or a library which can send or
receive many messages per seconds (even 1.000.000 m/s). I wrote a little
class, and it works until I send few messages per sec but when I compile a
full version of the core, the sender breaks down. I thought that it depended
on the size of the buffer, and then I expanded it with the method SetSockOpt
but it doesn't work yet.
What can I do? Can anybody help me? Thanks.

Fabrizio

Post by Mike Smit » Tue, 23 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>Hi,
>I'm a italian student , and I'm writing a neural simulator for my thesis
(in
>Visual C++ 5.0) and I need of a class C++ or a library which can send or
>receive many messages per seconds (even 1.000.000 m/s). I wrote a little

Are you sending messages between computers, or between processes/threads on
the same computer?  For the latter case, sockets are probably not the most
efficient way because all your messages will have to move through the
protocol stack.  Look into named pipes or memory-mapped files instead.

--
Mike Smith.  No, the other one.

1. HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!

All,

when I try to build my program I get

getinfoDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

every thing looks finne what should I do?  Please Look at the code below

and let me know if anything is wrong.

{
NET_API_STATUS getinfo;
char buffername[30];
LPTSTR username, logon_domain, oth_domains, logon_server;
LPBYTE bufptr;
DWORD prefmaxlen;
short one1 = 1;
LPDWORD entriesread, totalentries, resumehandle;
WKSTA_USER_INFO_1 userinfo;

GetDlgItemText(IDC_COMPUTERNAME,m_computer);
strcpy(buffername,m_computer);
m_computer.MakeUpper();

getinfo = NetWkstaUserEnum(buffername, one1, &bufptr, prefmaxlen,
entriesread, totalentries, resumehandle);

 username = userinfo.wkui1_username;
 logon_domain = userinfo.wkui1_logon_domain;
 oth_domains = userinfo.wkui1_oth_domains;
 logon_server = userinfo.wkui1_logon_server;

Please help!!!!

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Urgent Opening for Oracle DB Developer Role at Location hartford CT

3. HELP HELP - WSANO_DATA what does this really mean HELP HELP????

4. Looking for UNIX License Managers to use in application

5. HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!

6. Help Please Upgrading from 98 to 2000

7. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP ... Did I mention that I need HELP?????

8. Question: v20, v19 and ^M

9. MSDN Help file access via VB 6.0 (Please help)

10. Help Help Help

11. Help on help : How to link fromPopup to normal help window

12. Reel Magic MPEG HELP HELP HELP !!

13. Child Windows (HELP HELP HELP)