Print Preview Problems.

Post by Eric Chamberlai » Fri, 05 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> What special techniques are required to play a EMF into a print preview

DC?

I have solved this problem but for the general benefit of the group here's
the key for print preview using and EMF:
For the Crea*hanced() rectangle parameter (which needs to be in HIMETRIC
units), the LPtoHIMETRIC() call must be made on a *display* DC, not a
printer DC.

Further, one cannot clip a preview DC like one could clip a printer DC
since the DC is already clipped by MFC.  One needs to use other techniques
to achieve clipping.

1. Rich Edit Control Printing Problem (like the print preview problem)

Hi,
I've been using the Windows Rich Edit Control to add RTF to some software.
Problem is that when  I print out, what happens is that the text on the
right
can be 'clipped'. I know there is a known problem with print preview with
the RichEdit (problem has been around for a while but 'mysteriously' wasnt
fixed
for windows 98) - and this is like a less dramatic version of the same
problem.
Basically I use the same RichEdit to draw to different areas of the same
page,
by repeatedly loading it with data then FormatRange - ing it to the screen /
printer.

I can't see how its a 'clip rect' thats doing if - what I mean is say I have
a control
containing:
abcdefghijk
abcdefg
abc
.. *every* line (not just the longest one) can be 'unfinished' - bits or
even full
letters can be missing.

Its strange cos sometimes it prints fine, then a subtle change somewhere
can cause the problem to appear just in certain places.
Any suggestions? I've searched the newsgroups for a solution and I couldn't
see it - although the search gave the impression the RichEdit is .. erm ..
not quite as bulletproof and robust as it could be..:)
(I've printed from Windows95 and Windows98 to an HP4000TN, the rich edit is
wrapped using an MFC CRichEditCtrl, compiled using MSVC++ 6)
Thanks in advance,
Brian.

2. printing with HP 620 LX

3. Printing / Print Preview problems

4. Lotus Script error on MAC 4.1 client when sending mail

5. Print and print preview problem (ASSERT error when allocating GDI font resource in OnBeginPrinting)

6. iPAQ Wireless LAN Utility

7. Print preview problem

8. Experienced Pascal Programmers

9. Q: Print preview problem

10. Print(Preview) problem

11. ? MFC : print preview problems ?

12. Automated RTF printing & non-editable print preview