DLL differences for Windows 95 and Windows NT

DLL differences for Windows 95 and Windows NT

Post by Gary Lutchansk » Thu, 31 Jul 1997 04:00:00

MSVCRT.DLL
ATL.DLL
CTL3D32.DLL

Are these different for Windows 95 and Windows NT?

How can I keep current with the latest DLLs from MS?

Thanks,
gary

DLL differences for Windows 95 and Windows NT

Post by David Lownd » Sun, 03 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>MSVCRT.DLL
>ATL.DLL
>CTL3D32.DLL

>Are these different for Windows 95 and Windows NT?

Gary,

There are different versions of ATL.DLL and CTL3D32.DLL, I don't think
there's any difference in MSVCRT.DLL between the 2 operating systems.

Quote:>How can I keep current with the latest DLLs from MS?

You may as well try to catch the wind <g>. I hate to say it, but
unless you need to I wouldn't try because something might break.

Dave
----
Remove ".---" for the real address.

1. DLLs in Windows 95 vs. Windows NT

I have recently been reading up on how Windows NT handles (32
bit) processes, threads, DLLs, etc. and how this differs from
Windows 3.1 16 bit applications. I (think I) understand that
Windows NT defines a 2GB virtual address space for a process when
it starts up. Any DLLs that are then loaded by the application
then share the address space of the process - as opposed to
having one local to the DLL.

The book I'm reading suggests that because of this then use of
DLLs for Interprocess Communication is *not* supported by Windows
NT and it suggests using some other method of IPC. Does Windows
95 handle 32 bit applications in the same way? In other words, is
it true that DLLs for IPC is *not* supported by Windows 95
either?

Any help is much appreciated.

TIA

Steven Gould

--
Disclaimer: Opinions above are those of the author and are *not*
necessarily those held by ROI.

2. Tracing function call path on Ctrl-C break?

3. Font scaling difference between Windows NT 4.0 and 95

4. How to do Code Signing on CA server ?

5. Registry differences between Windows 95 and NT?

6. How can avoid the alarm led flashing while adding a notification icon to the tray bar?

7. DLL Entry point routine (Windows NT & WIN 95)

8. RPC error using E.G.

9. Listing loaded DLLs under Windows 95 / NT

10. Windows 95 vs Windows NT

11. How to create windows larger than the size of Desktop in Windows 95 or NT 4.0?

12. OLE Access Violation on Windows 95 and no on Windows NT 4