Using Tapi with Visual Basic 5.0

Post by Ron Bitterl » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I am developing an application that will require tapi functionality.  I am
using NT 4.0 and VB 5.0.  I am looking for VB type definitions (.dll).  Can
anyone give me a clue as to where I can get this.

I have tapi.dll and tapi32.dll in /winnt/system32/ but I can't resource
these for use within the application.

I have seen reference to tapi3.dll but can't find this anywhere.  I also
have heard that tapi 3.0 is in the NT 5.0 beta but I don't want to upgrade.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ron Bitterli

Using Tapi with Visual Basic 5.0

Post by Nate Col » Fri, 17 Jul 1998 04:00:00

With Enterprise (pro too?) version of VB5 there is the MSCOMM control which
uses TAPI, although it is pretty limited.

3rd party vendors are also an option, but they can be a couple hundred
bucks; but they have a lot more functionality.

Hope this helps.

>I am developing an application that will require tapi functionality.  I am
>using NT 4.0 and VB 5.0.  I am looking for VB type definitions (.dll).  Can
>anyone give me a clue as to where I can get this.

>I have tapi.dll and tapi32.dll in /winnt/system32/ but I can't resource
>these for use within the application.

>I have seen reference to tapi3.dll but can't find this anywhere.  I also
>have heard that tapi 3.0 is in the NT 5.0 beta but I don't want to upgrade.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>Thanks
>Ron Bitterli

Using Tapi with Visual Basic 5.0

Post by James Whitewa » Fri, 17 Jul 1998 04:00:00

The MSCOMM control included with VB5 is not
a TAPI control.  Whenever it is used in an app.
it seizes control of the comport.  That is not correct
TAPI behavior.  Maybe, in a future release Microsoft
will give us a control that is more TAPI compliant.
A TAPI compliant control would sit in the background
and monitor the port(s) and be able to intercept messages and release
control of the comport(s) to
other TAPI apps.  that is the downfall of the MSCOMM control.
james

>With Enterprise (pro too?) version of VB5 there is the MSCOMM control which
>uses TAPI, although it is pretty limited.

>3rd party vendors are also an option, but they can be a couple hundred
>bucks; but they have a lot more functionality.

>Hope this helps.

>>I am developing an application that will require tapi functionality.  I am
>>using NT 4.0 and VB 5.0.  I am looking for VB type definitions (.dll).
Can
>>anyone give me a clue as to where I can get this.

>>I have tapi.dll and tapi32.dll in /winnt/system32/ but I can't resource
>>these for use within the application.

>>I have seen reference to tapi3.dll but can't find this anywhere.  I also
>>have heard that tapi 3.0 is in the NT 5.0 beta but I don't want to
upgrade.

>>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>>Thanks
>>Ron Bitterli

1. Visual C++ 5.0 prof. $100 / Visual Basic 5.0 prof. $100 (original)

Windows NT 4.0 workstation full version                                         $150
Visual C++ 5.0 Professional version                                             $100
Visual C++ 5.0 Pro w/ Mastering MFC Dev. CD and MS Developer Network CD
$150
Visual Basic 5.0 Professional version                                           $100
Visual Basic 5.0 Pro w/ Mastering VB CD and MS Developer Network CD             $150

Windows NT 4.0 w/ VC++ 5.0 or VB 5.0 and Mastering CD and Dev. Network  $220

MS Visual Development Studio includes the following in one package:

        Visual C++ 5.0 professional version
        Visual Basic 5.0 professional version
        Visual J++ 1.1 professional version
        Visual Fox Pro 5.0 professional version
        MS developer's network CD
        Tutorial CD

Price for the Visual Development Studio                                         $350

All softwares are original copies.  All softwares comes with manual and
registration card but no box cover, except the NT 4.0 and VC++5.0 or VB 5.0
package, and the Visual Development studio package which come with the
original box cover unopened.  Please email me if interested.  I only accept
COD.  You have to pay for the shipping and of course the COD charge.

Also, due to high demand, the price for Windows NT 4.0 workstation is now
$150.  But you can still buy the Visual C++ 5.0 Professional version which
comes with Windows NT 4.0 at $220 (or Visual Basic 5.0 Professional with
Win NT 4.0 at the same price).  This is a great deal.  Both packages come
with MS developer network CD and corresponding Mastering Visual C++
5.0/Visual Basic 5.0 CD (they also come with the original manual and
registration card).  If you would still like to buy the Win NT alone, send
me an email anyway.  Thanks.

2. XP icons drop shadow - ImageLists

3. Writing DLLs for Visual Basic 5.0 in Visual C++ 5.0.

4. Changing language of Vx

5. TAPI and VISUAL BASIC 5.0

6. Over 2300 software downloads for musicians here

7. Visual Basic 5.0 TAPI Interface/Communications

8. Error: The administrative limit for this request was exceeded - How do I change it?

9. reading the date/time attributes of files using visual basic 5.0?

10. How to FAX Visual Basic 5.0 by using MS FAX?

11. How to handling Tone Dial Numbers using TAPI in Visual Basic

12. Where can i get samples using TAPI in Visual Basic?

13. Using TAPI with visual basic