Toolbar query re TBSTYLE_FLAT

Post by Mark Pott » Sun, 24 May 1998 04:00:00

I am creating a toolbar via CreateToolbarEx with TBSTYLE_FLAT set, in
order to display the new flat style of toolbar. This works fine however
my toolbuttons are displayed aligned to the very top of the toolbar. In
other Microsoft applications the toolbuttons appear vertically centered
in the toolbar. Any suggestions as to how to achieve this would be
appreciated.

Mark

Toolbar query re TBSTYLE_FLAT

Post by Mohammed AlQuraish » Tue, 26 May 1998 04:00:00

Did you try changing the height of the toolbar vs. the height of the
buttons?

Mohammed AlQuraishi
SiteBuilder Level 2
ClubIE Team 4
Independent Microsoft Beta Tester
TechWeb/Microsoft 2nd Place ActiveX Contest Winner (Business)
http://www.advancednetsolutions.com

"It is the bias of our society that creates the smart and the stupid." a
*Smart* guy.
"To war is not only to win, it's also to fight."

>I am creating a toolbar via CreateToolbarEx with TBSTYLE_FLAT set, in
>order to display the new flat style of toolbar. This works fine however
>my toolbuttons are displayed aligned to the very top of the toolbar. In
>other Microsoft applications the toolbuttons appear vertically centered
>in the toolbar. Any suggestions as to how to achieve this would be
>appreciated.

>Mark

1. toolbar control with TBSTYLE_FLAT

Does your toolbar have a parent? If it does then the following should work. If it doesn't then just create a window with the same height and width of the toolbar.

Try this...create a toolbar without the TBSTYLE_FLAT...then send the following message to it:

SetWindowLong(g_hToolBar, GWL_STYLE, GetWindowLong(g_hToolBar, GWL_STYLE) || TB_STYLE_FLAT);

-Jon

P.S. the above code works fine for me in vb and c. If it doesn't then......it doesn't :)

2. Warning! -- SONY SUBSTANDARD SERVICE

3. Toolbar flat style (TBSTYLE_FLAT) and painting problem (MFC) ?

4. MySQL Server - shutdown

5. CreateToolbarEx with TBSTYLE_FLAT style but not trasparent???

6. Apricote Studios

7. Instr function query...correct query

8. EPM strange character attributs (bug?)

9. Query from Query - How in VB6 - DAO????

10. Toolbars, or not toolbars.

11. MFC: Updating Toolbar Buttons on Floating Toolbar

12. Problems destroying toolbar and statusbar/finding info on toolbar

13. Toolbar image change , icon to bitmap for toolbar, AddBitmap