tab order problem (dialog with activex inside other dialog)

tab order problem (dialog with activex inside other dialog)

Post by Netvisio » Mon, 21 Dec 1998 04:00:00

i have dialog with controls and one activex control.

i put this dialog inside other dialog (not mdi) and i have problem
with the tab order.

when i inside the in dialog it cann't the tab don't get out to the parent
dialog.
if i remove the activex control, the dialog tab order work just finy.

Thank for the help

Guy.B

tab order problem (dialog with activex inside other dialog)

Post by David Lownd » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>i have dialog with controls and one activex control.

>i put this dialog inside other dialog (not mdi) and i have problem
>with the tab order.

>when i inside the in dialog it cann't the tab don't get out to the parent
>dialog.
>if i remove the activex control, the dialog tab order work just finy.

Guy,

Have you added the WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT style to the child dialog? If
you haven't, that's one thing you probably need to do.

BTW, I've trimmed your rather excessive list of newsgroups - please
try to post only to those that may be relevant.

Dave
----

1. How to control the tab order in dialog with a tab control?

I have a dialog which has a tab control and several other controls -- some
buttons and edit boxes.  A couple of the edit boxes are above the tab
control and a couple are below it.  The problem I have is with the tabbing
order.  When you tab through the controls in the dialog, the focus first
goes through the other controls in the dialog (the ones above and below
the tab control) and then the controls inside the tab control -- even
though the tab control is in the proper position in the dialog template.

I think what's happening is probably because the controls inside the tab
control in a dialog which is a child of the main dialog.  (I believe
that's the recommended way of doing it).  But it's very confusing for the
user for the tab order to work this way.

Is there an easy way of fixing this problem?  I know I could subclass the
appropriate controls in the dialog and handle the tab key myself, but I'd
prefer a more global solution (I have several dialogs like this).

I suspect that using property sheets would solve my problem, but switching
to property sheets isn't really practical for me.

Thanks for any assistance.
- Eric S.

2. FS:Mac Performa 575 with //e card

3. Tab Order Problems in Dialog Box (WIN 3.1)

4. Email Addresses

5. How to dynamically set the tab order of dialog controls

6. Accessing the Internet by Email FAQ

7. Tab Order backward once a dialog is placed in a Property Sheet

8. Cisco v. Newbridge?

9. customize common dialog, how to set the tab order ?

10. Tab order in sub-dialog boxes

11. Getting tab order for a dialog control

12. Tab order in dialog boxes.

13. Tab Order Through Parent and Child Dialogs