I am trying to do some internet-independent data transfer to and from a MS
Acess (or some other)database. The transfer will be through a telephone
The client has a microcontroller which basically acts a compiler. It sends
queries through a modem by dialing into a pc (server).
The MS Access Database is stored on the pc.
I have these (beginner) questions:
1. How do I connect to this MS Access database to retrieve and store
2. What kind of drivers will I need?....When is JDBC
advantageous?....Should I use an JDBC- ODBC bridge?
3. How do I specify a database url?...This is not a web based
transfer....It uses a phone line to connect to the database and not the
4. How difficult is this process going to be?
5. Where can I find some useful information/links that will help me do
6. I don't need to use MS Access....could u suggest something better?
I appreciate any help that you can give me for any of the above questions.
4. A-law C code