Please help:Modem recognizing twice by lineGetDevCaps

Please help:Modem recognizing twice by lineGetDevCaps

Post by chir » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 17:35:02

Sir,
        Although there is only one modem installed in my system,
                                        it is detected twice when I use lineGetDevCaps.
                                        I am using Tapi version 2.2.
Please help
Chiru

1. Modem to Modem data transfer with database - PLease Help!

Hi,
I am trying to do some internet-independent data transfer to and from a MS
Acess (or some other)database.  The transfer will be through a telephone
line.
The client has a microcontroller which basically acts a compiler.  It sends
queries through a modem by dialing into a pc (server).
The MS Access Database is stored on the pc.
I have these (beginner) questions:
1.  How do I connect to this MS Access database to retrieve and store
information.
2.  What kind of drivers will I need?....When is JDBC
advantageous?....Should I use an JDBC- ODBC   bridge?
3.  How do I specify a database url?...This is not a web based
transfer....It uses a phone line to connect to the database and not the
internet.
4.  How difficult is this process going to be?
5.  Where can I find some useful information/links that will help me do
this.
6.  I don't need to use MS Access....could u suggest something better?

I appreciate any help that you can give me for any of the above questions.
Thank you
Regards
Deepak

2. where's ANSI "close"?

4. A-law C code

5. Please Help me !!! Please Please Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Q: C-code generator and SIMULINK

7. How can recognize whether modem or telephony device is installed ?

8. Access to Directories in NTFS access denied after WinXp Re-installation

9. FAX features on a fax modem not recognized by TAPI?

10. Please help with finding Modem(s) and Network adapters on NT.

11. Please help regarding communication between modem and computer.

12. Please help :"About making a call with Modem"

13. please help on a modem probelm