VB5 and Structured Storage

Post by djQuec » Sun, 27 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to create and use OLE structure
storage files using VB5?

Thanks,

dj

VB5 and Structured Storage

Post by Mathias Küh » Mon, 28 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Yes,

there is an ole control for structured storage. The control can be
downloaded from the http://www.activex.com site. I don't know
the exact name but you can search it there.

Mathias Khn
LUX GmbH

Quote:> Can anyone tell me if it is possible to create and use OLE structure
> storage files using VB5?

> Thanks,

> dj

1. Structured Storage from VB5

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to access Structured Storage
(IStorage/IStream interface) from VB using either a built-in capability
which I don't see or a 3rd party add-in?  I need to get an IStorage or
IStream pointer from another component and read data from it (possibly
write as well) from a VB program.

Any input appreciated,

Chris

2. Croc

3. IStream / Structured Storage

4. Web App authentication with OWA

5. How to reclaim space in Structured Storage

6. HDLC Momitor

7. A whole file in Structured Storage?

8. Newspaper/Magazine Distribution (was Re: NYT Site Requires)

9. Q 4 Gurus and Internists (Structured Storage)

10. OLE Structured storage...summary information

11. OLE 1 and Structured Storage question

12. Newbie VC6 and Structured Storage Question

13. Is CoInitialize necessary to use structured storage?