BHO cannot register in win98, me

Post by Toondal » Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:18:27

I have build a BHO using C++ . I have compiled it in Uncode . When i
register it under Win2k and XP it work fine . But when I try to
install it in Win9x and me, it give the following error

LoadLibrary failed
GetLastErrow returns 0x0000045a

What could have cause this problem?

seewan

Post by Ron Rubl » Wed, 12 Feb 2003 04:22:00

> I have build a BHO using C++ . I have compiled it in Uncode . When i
> register it under Win2k and XP it work fine . But when I try to
> install it in Win9x and me, it give the following error

> LoadLibrary failed
> GetLastErrow returns 0x0000045a

> What could have cause this problem?

Possibly the fact that 9x versions of Windows have almost
no UNICODE support? Try compiling an ANSI version
for 9x. If it works, you probably are calling some WinNT
only Unicode APIs.

Post by Toondal » Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:42:28

> > I have build a BHO using C++ . I have compiled it in Uncode . When i
> > register it under Win2k and XP it work fine . But when I try to
> > install it in Win9x and me, it give the following error

> > LoadLibrary failed
> > GetLastErrow returns 0x0000045a

> > What could have cause this problem?

> Possibly the fact that 9x versions of Windows have almost
> no UNICODE support? Try compiling an ANSI version
> for 9x. If it works, you probably are calling some WinNT
> only Unicode APIs.

I have aready compile without unicode but it still have error but its
a different code now

1. Cannot register DLL on 95 - LoadLibrary returns ERROR_GEN_FAILURE

Hi,

I have a namespace extension DLL, which I cannot get to register (using
REGSVR32) on Windows95. The error message I get is LoadLibrary failed
with error code 0x1f.

I've searched dejanews for this problem and a number of other people seem
to have seen it, but there arnt any solutions to the problem.

The server registers OK on Windows 98 and NT 4.

I've tried creating a test program which calls LoadLibraryEx with the
DONT_RESOLVE_DLL_REFERENCES flag. This still fails (but it succeeds if I
use the LOAD_LIBRARY_AS_DATAFILE flag).

I've used QuickView to see what DLLs my DLL is importing and checked they
all exist in the windows\system directory. Ive also checked the import
functions are supported on 95. It used to work OK until I added a new
interface and merged in the proxy/stub code.

Does anyone know what might be wrong ??
thanks in advance
john
--
John Hynes
----------

2. weirdo44

3. Help! Cannot register MSRD032.dll

4. Wanted: Genlock for A2000

5. Cannot register ActiveX Control on client's machine...

6. outlook please help

7. Active X control cannot register

8. COM+ Setup Error

9. cannot register a DLL file under windows 98

10. Help: Cannot open sub-folders in Win98

11. Cannot install kernel debug DLLs for Win98

12. Cannot get Win98 DDk help files

13. Register TSP under Win98 and WinME failed