CDO Win2K - How to set message priority?

CDO Win2K - How to set message priority?

Post by Robert Schroede » Thu, 03 May 2001 00:54:37

I'm working on a component that is going to need to generate emails. I'm
using CDO for Windows 2000 (cdosys.dll) and can't find a way to set the
message's priority.
So far, I've got:
    Dim iMsg As New CDO.Message
    Dim iConf As New CDO.Configuration
    Dim Flds As ADODB.Fields
    Set Flds = iConf.Fields
    Flds(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort
    Flds(cdoSMTPServer) = "myservername"
    Flds("urn:schemas:httpmail:priority") = intPriority    ' ???
    Flds.Update
    With iMsg
        Set iMsg.Configuration = iConf
        'set To, From, etc. etc. here...
    End With
    iMsg.Send
The line that sets the priority seems to have no effect. The value of
intPriority is -1 (Low), 0 (Normal), or 1 (Urgent).

Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks...

- Robert Schroeder
  buyingTeam

1. HELP: CDO 1.2.1 (Win9X) to CDO 2.0 (Win2K)!!!

Hello All,

I'm in deep dog doo doo here so any help would be greatly appriciated!
I had my app working fine under WIn9x but for reliabity reasons we decided to
switch it to Win NT or 2000. I chose 2000. Big mistake! I expected big changes
but I didn't expect MS to through away the whole GD thing and replace it.

My questions are below orginized by task.
Tasks
1) Logon to Exchange 5.0 or 5.5 server.
        a) lost no clue as to how to do this.

2) Open InBox folder and walk through unread messages
        a) Where is the InBox folder?
        b) How do I find the Unread flag?

3) Logoff
        a) I can't figure out how to log on so I can't log off.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and replying!!
Dave

2. PIC C Compiler: CCS PCM

3. Setting the sender property of the message in CDO

4. aliases.db out of date

5. Bug in CDO messages collection when adding a new message?

6. Embedded Office in VB.Net

7. Strange error message CDO.Message.1: The

8. OSPF Summary Address Question

9. CDO Help Files... CDO.CHM, CDO.CHI

10. Can I set the Message Waiting Indicator on the Phone Set from TAPI?

11. Create encrypted email with CDO Win2k & CAPICOM

12. CDO and Win2K service

13. cdoSMTPUseSSL with CDO for Win2K