>>>>>STUCK<<<<<< How to subclass desktop?

Post by G.A » Tue, 28 Sep 1993 02:12:31

        Is there any way to subclass the Windows desktop ? I've tried the
conventional approach as described in Petzold 3rd ED. p.243. Using
GetWindowLong and GetDesktopWindow I retrieve a pointer to the old window
procedure. Then I use MakeProcIsntance to make a procedure instance of the
new window procedure and I pass a pointer to the new proc instance to
SetWindowLong. Now I should have successfully subclassed the desktop, right?
NOT! I can intercept messages sent to the desktop but whenever I minimize
and then restore a window, the window does not get repainted and the system
hangs itself. I KNOW that the desktop can be subclassed, just look at a
program like 'BackMenu'. Please, if anyone out there knows how this can be
done please post to this group and you will have my undying thanks!!! :-)

1. HELP >>>>>>>>>>>>> WINAPI <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

   I need help in writting a vb program that will monitor the message
queue of another aplication that is running along with my program. Itried
to use PeekMessage api function but the help file says that it can only
peek the application's own message queue.  My program is similar in
working with SPY or the SPY++ program. Is there an api function that Ican
use. PLEEEEEEEEEZE help.

2. what's P5 or P6 ??

3. >>>>>>>>> PROBLEM WITH MSICPB.EXE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

4. Mondopondo ---- to Mat

6. Urgent (please) Images in LaTeX

7. <<<<<<Programmers Needed>>>>>>>

8. printing 3d renderings from paper space

9. <><><> www.FotoCD.net <><><>

11. >>>>> SoftImage Animator - North West UK <<<<<<

12. HELP >>>>>>>>>WIN API <<<<<<<<<<<