Using MS-Word thesaurus from VB

Post by Krishna Pras » Thu, 23 Dec 1993 01:11:41

I am writing a Visual Basic application that needs to use a
dictionary, and thesaurus and if possible a spell checker too.
I thought that instead of re-inventing the wheel, I would use
the tools available on standards word processors like MS-Word
(sp-am.lex etc., which contain executable code apparently
copyrighted by Houghton-Mifflin).  Most of my users to have
Word anyway, so there should be no copyright issue.

So, my question for the Net is, is there any way to invoke the
MS-Word tools from a Visual Basic application.  Ideally, I would
like to send a word out to the tool and return the standard Word
thesaurus dialog box.  I expect to do this often during a typical
application session, so any overhead of starting up Word everytime
will render it useless.

I don't know if this matters, but I have Visual Basic 2.0,
Standard Edition.  If it does matter, I am willing to invest in
an upgrade.

Thanks in advance for any help.  E-mail is prefered.

Krishna Prasad

W: 908-234-7072
H: 908-940-2052

1. Replacing A Word With Picture In MS-Word Using VB !

Dear Friends
Hope you all doing great.

I have this MS-Word file where I have to insert lots of images at many
points again and again.
So I was thinking that is there any way that I can insert these
pictures at required points using VB.
I mean that first while creating the MS-Word file I write down the
name of the pic and afterwords using a VB application I can replace
that "word" i.e. name of the pic with the actual image.

I hope you got what I want.

So if you have any idea how I can do this please let me know.

Love
Lovely

2. Six legged walkers

3. Printing envelop using ms-word and HP Laser printer

4. Project Costs

5. automating Word Thesaurus dialog box

6. ADO.NET ODBC FoxPro DataSet Update - why so painful?

7. VB Controlling/Disabling MS Word Menus

8. Overdose demo

9. Freetext serch from VB in MS Word Documents/PDF Documents?

10. VB to MS Word Problem

11. How to show a print preview like MS Word in VB.

12. Delete and Cut fails when programming MS Word if Word not visible

13. Printer GDI driver can't print out bitmap using MS WORD and PAINT