Windows XP Dialog Box in C++ App Not Displayed Properly

Windows XP Dialog Box in C++ App Not Displayed Properly

Post by Scott Hol » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 13:05:08

I have a C++ application developed with Visual Studio 6
that, when displaying a dialog box in Windows
XP, "pushes" the dialog controls down such that there is
a black area at the top of the dialog (just under the
title bar) and the controls at the bottom are clipped by
the bottom border.  I used the resource editor to build
the dialog.  Anyone know what is causing this?

- Scott.

Post by Quixot » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 17:42:27

> I have a C++ application developed with Visual Studio 6
> that, when displaying a dialog box in Windows
> XP, "pushes" the dialog controls down such that there is
> a black area at the top of the dialog (just under the
> title bar) and the controls at the bottom are clipped by
> the bottom border.  I used the resource editor to build
> the dialog.  Anyone know what is causing this?

> - Scott.

Probably something wrong with your dialog box procedure --- most likely the
processing of some WM_NC* message.

--

Quixote

1. Ikon of App is not displayed properly

hi all,
   we have the following problem with a MDI application compiled with BC++
   3.1.

 - I have specified an ikon for my application in the time-honoured way,
by setting the appropriate field when registering the main window, exactly as
I've done with all the other programs I've written.   However, when the app is
minimized, the ikon does not appear properly.   A similar situation ensures
when the MDI child windows are minimized - only their _window caption text_
appears.   The only time the child ikons appear is when they are _dragged_.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve D.

2. SAS name characteristics

3. Displaying a dialog box in Dialog-based MFC app

4. Newbie to graphics question...

5. Displaying a second DIALOG BOX from another DIALOG BOX????

6. DLT problems on IRIX

7. ESC KEYS NEEDED for HP8000

8. How to not show main app window and shoe modelss dialog boxes

9. Need help displaying a dialog box before main window is displayed

10. Windows not displaying properly

11. Dialog App / Dialog App / Dialog App

12. Visual C++ Dialog Box Properties Window Will Not Dock