Help: programming NNTP in VB

Post by Chaos » Mon, 22 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm having trouble trying to read and post to Usenet (port 119) using Vb
5.0 (Pro) and Winsock.  The program works fine for port 25 (SMTP) but
for some reason it doesn't for Usenet.  What is the format of the data
that should be sent, and in what order?

Thanks and have a nice day

CX

1. HELP: Programming for future Plug Ins

Hello,

I'm starting to design my next project and im wondering if there is a way to
allow my program to handle Plug Ins that others or myself would create
later.  Is there a way to do this?  Generally speaking, what would i need to
do to keep my program open for this sort of thing.  Any books, web
references, would be great.

Hmm...  maybe someone would be ambitious enough to make a "Hello World"
program that accepts a simple plug in.

I'll recheck the newsgroups, but would appreciate it if you could also reply
to me directly. (remove the anti-spam :-)

Thanks
Mike.

2. MIDI Sequencer Software

3. Need help Creating program icons in the program manager with VB

4. invoke my application on pressing ctrl-alt-del

5. Debugging VB add-ins?

6. Browser Elections

7. programming winamp plug-ins

8. How can we delete personal views of a database

9. Help with NNTP

10. HELP: How do you execute an .INS file _without_ Internet Explorer v3.0x installed?

11. Need VB sample VB program for network connectivity

12. Creating a VB SDI Like Interface in VB Programs

13. Help to program serial port communication in VB with the win32 api