Tabbed Dialogs - Property sheet or hand-coded?

Tabbed Dialogs - Property sheet or hand-coded?

Post by PJ » Fri, 05 Jan 2001 05:44:07

I have a general question - when you write tabbed dialog boxes, do you
prefer to use Property sheets or code the box by hand (i.e. manually adding
in the tab control etc.).

Are property sheets easy to use? I'm trying to get a feel as to if I'm the
only person who is doing it by hand, and if I'm making too much work for
myself in the process :)

Thanks,

Phil Jones

Tabbed Dialogs - Property sheet or hand-coded?

Post by Ali » Fri, 05 Jan 2001 06:31:36

Property Sheets are easier to use because the interface to switch the
dialogs are already written for you (the other way isn't too much work
either but still i guess 20 extra lines of code is still 20 lines!). The
only thing about the property sheet is that you don't have much control over
the appearance of the Sheet, you can only define the pages!.

Ali

Quote:> I have a general question - when you write tabbed dialog boxes, do you
> prefer to use Property sheets or code the box by hand (i.e. manually
adding
> in the tab control etc.).

> Are property sheets easy to use? I'm trying to get a feel as to if I'm the
> only person who is doing it by hand, and if I'm making too much work for
> myself in the process :)

> Thanks,

> Phil Jones

1. Tab Order backward once a dialog is placed in a Property Sheet

I've got an odd problem.  I've inherited an application that contains a TabCtrl
with 3 tabs.  This app does not use MFC, so this is all done via Property Sheet
macro's.  I've got a dialog that, when being tested in MSDev, has the correct
tab order, but when I am running the app, and the dialog is inserted in the
Property Sheet, the tab order is backwards

The app has two keyboard hooks, but even when they are disabled, I cannot get
the tab order to go the correct direction.  Shift+Tab works how Tab does, and
Tab works how Shift+Tab should.

Is there something stupid I am missing?
--
=====================
Michael Scott

  michael.scott.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Trouble with Start menu not loading

3. How could i get the property sheet tab control with single row tabs?

4. where to find uemacs sources ?

5. Property Sheets (Tabs in a dialog)

6. SAS/ACCESS for ORACLE -- load problem

7. How to disable property page tab on property sheet?

8. VAX4 MVII upgrade questions

9. Create a property sheet within a property sheet.

10. Adding a custome properties tab to the file properties dialog

11. Device Manager property sheet tab.

12. How to make the Tab control of a property sheet ownerdraw?

13. Property Sheet : Too Many Tabs... Ahhhh!