WM_???

Post by Juergen Querengaess » Thu, 02 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hello world,

does anybody knows if there is a windows-message which is sent to a
window when the window is overlapped from another window ?
I want to repaint the window under the overlapping window.

Thanks in advance!

Juergen

(please, excuse my english...)

WM_???

Post by Matthew Elli » Sat, 04 Jul 1998 04:00:00

There's no need to repaint the window *under* the overlapping window,
because noone will be able to see it!

You'll get a WM_PAINT as soon as your window is un-obscured.

Matthew Ellis

Quote:>Hello world,

>does anybody knows if there is a windows-message which is sent to a
>window when the window is overlapped from another window ?
>I want to repaint the window under the overlapping window.

1. Is there a WM_* message to detect this event?

I want to be notified whenever a top level window (including dialog
box) caption or title changes? Currently I poll using a timer but am
thinking of using a Hook to do this. Is there a Windows message code
that I can look for to detect this event?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. ANNOUNCE: ILU 2.0beta1 available

3. VB Controls do not always receive WM_ or VBM_CANCELMODE

4. room for STOC available

5. Windows Message (WM_) priorities

6. Outlook Express change settings on accts

7. No WM_ events for arrow keys in dialogs?

8. WM_?? when file system changes

9. Identifying origin of WM_ messages

10. WM_? on Windows exit

11. Child Windows - WM_(NC)ACTIVATE msgs..

12. How to associate a WM_ message with a proc?