TSPI_lineBlindTransfer - Interesting question...

TSPI_lineBlindTransfer - Interesting question...

Post by Shimon Shnitze » Thu, 27 Dec 2001 06:33:33

Hi,

When calling lineBlind Transfer on a call, it normally causes
the call to transition to LINECALLSTATE_IDLE.

My question is:
The TSP has to report ASYNC_SUCCESS on the call,
what should come first ?

Is it: LINE_REPLY/ASYNC_SUCCESS, after that LINECALLSTATE_IDLE ?
Or: LINECALLSTATE_IDLE, after that LINE_REPLY/ASYNC_SUCCESS ?

--
Shimon Shnitzer
VP R&D

Web: http://www.way2call.com

TSPI_lineBlindTransfer - Interesting question...

Post by Andreas Marschal » Fri, 28 Dec 2001 20:14:47

MSDN says: "Typically, after the blind transfer successfully completes, the
specified call is cleared from the line it was on and transitions to the
idle state."
I understand this as a recommendation for your first choice.
But it is only a recommendation ("Typically").
If you have detailed information over a CTI link (e.g. via CSTA) from the
PBX you can follow this information.
E.g.:
- TSPI_lineBlindTransfer triggers CSTA_singleStepTransfer-Invoke
- CSTA_singleStepTransfer-Result triggers ASYNC_SUCCESS
- CSTA_connectionCleared-Event triggers LINECALLSTATE_IDLE

--
Best Regards  /  Mit freundlichen Gr?en
Andreas Marschall

Post by Michael Dun » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 04:52:09

> Hi,

> When calling lineBlind Transfer on a call, it normally causes
> the call to transition to LINECALLSTATE_IDLE.

> My question is:
> The TSP has to report ASYNC_SUCCESS on the call,
> what should come first ?

> Is it: LINE_REPLY/ASYNC_SUCCESS, after that LINECALLSTATE_IDLE ?
> Or: LINECALLSTATE_IDLE, after that LINE_REPLY/ASYNC_SUCCESS ?

I consider it a "rule of thumb" that you should always do the
LINE_REPLY/ASYNC_SUCCESS before doing any call state (or callinfo, etc)
transitions that are a direct result of the function that was called.

Therefore, in a lineMakeCall(), you should LINE_REPLY before you set
CALLSTATE_DIALTONE, etc.  In this case, I think TAPI itself will "trap"
the DIALTONE message and not send it to the App, because the App's call
handle is not valid yet.

--
Michael Dunn (Microsoft MVP) is a TAPI Developer and Tester
TAPI web page:  http://members.home.net/tapifaq/tapi.htm

1. Interesting question

Hi all,
I am working with VS6 C++ on Windows NT.
When an application crashes you get the normal Massage Box (XXXXX.exe
Application Error)
(0x0000094) Occurred bla bla bla bla
Click on OK to terminate the Application (The default option)
Click on CANCEL to debug the application
My questions is - how can I disable this message and causing the system to
use the
Default option that is OK?
This way the application will terminate immediately without the appearance
of the  message box.

Thanks,
Tsachi

2. Making drive bootable

3. Here's an interesting question...

4. CDD2600 $200 rebate!

5. Interesting font question (attention Gurus!)

6. Single resource manager with multiple devices..

7. Interesting browser development questions

8. ntp refrence clocks on Digital UNIX (OSF/1)

9. general interest questions about MFC

10. Interesting TCP/IP question

11. Interesting dialogbox question

12. Interesting Question