inp & outp in windows 3.1 and windows Nt

inp & outp in windows 3.1 and windows Nt

Post by Oscar CALEF » Tue, 30 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi reader
I would like to use then port i/o under windows 3.1 and windows nt.
I can use visual c 1.5 for wfw or visual c 2.0 for NT.
Is it possibile?  How I can do it?
Thanks in advance
Oscar CALEFI

inp & outp in windows 3.1 and windows Nt

Post by Chris Marriot » Wed, 01 May 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I would like to use then port i/o under windows 3.1 and windows nt.
>I can use visual c 1.5 for wfw or visual c 2.0 for NT.
>Is it possibile?  How I can do it?

These functions work fine under both Windows 3.1 and Windows 95, but
applications aren't allowed to directly access the hardware under NT.
The only way to do it in NT is through a device driver.

Chris

 Chris Marriott, Warrington, UK      | Author of SkyMap v3 award-winning

            For full info, see http://www.execpc.com/~skymap
      Author member of Association of Shareware Professionals (ASP)

1. inp & outp in windows 3.1 and windows Nt

Hi reader
I would like to use the c function inp() and outp() under windows 3.1
and windows nt, I can visual c 1.5 for wfw or visual c 2.0 for NT.
I have to use a card that use the address 0x300 using inp and outp.
thanks for any help
Best Regards
Oscar CALEFI

2. EXCEL Spread Sheet creation

3. Can I use inp & outp in Windows?

4. pocket maps pushpins

5. Port I/O with inp() and outp() Fails on Windows NT ??

6. Need to find a good book for System Admin

7. inp() & outp() under Windows?

8. Where can I get xlib06 .lib files?

9. How to inp()/outp() under Windows?

10. inp/outp under windows?

11. inp/outp Windows equivalent?

12. Wanted: Windows installer for Windows 3.1/Windows NT

13. Inp() & outp() under Win 98 ?